Friday, October 03, 2008

British Style Genius



Recently at BDH, myself and the very clever and splendid Orla Handley made the titles for the up coming BBC series "British Style Genius". The first episode of which goes out 21:00hrs, 7th October on BBC TWO (that's in the UK only as far as I know).

Handley did the designing, editing, crazy-bonkers stop frame animation etc. I made CGI threads, worked out how to fit them with the stop frame, some compositing, a bit of camera holding, frowning, pointing, and occasional fetching stuff.

After the initial building of the sequence Handley went on to produce five separate colorways, to match the style of each episode of the series, which all deal with different sections of British fashion history.

This means everyone must watch all five episodes to fully appreciate the total awesomeness of this title sequence.



Update 1: BSG Featured in Broadcast
Update 2: On Cartoon Brew (Thanks Amid)
Update 3: YouTube Link




About Me

My photo

I have been working in the CGI industry for 11 years. Studied Animation at the West Surrey College of Arts and Design (now UCA) and have had work shown at the London Film Festival. I work for Bristol based BDH Design and Direction and have worked on programs such as the BBC’s forthcoming “The Rise of the Continents”,  “British Style Genius” (winner of an RTS), "Wonders of the Universe" and also “The Boy with the Incredible Brain”. 

In my spare time (!), I experiment with animation, and recently kept an Animated Journal.

You can also find me on Tumblr & Twitter.